International Jobs .
Deputy Country Director – Technical (DCD-Tech) Expired: Deputy Country Director – Technical (DCD-Tech) | Nigeria | 2022
Chemonics seeks a Deputy Country Director – Technical (DCD-Tech) for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program- Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria.
The DCD-Tech will help to provide strategic guidance and overall management and direction to the Task orders 2 (Malaria), 3(Population and Reproductive Health) and 4 (Maternal and Child Health), Total Quality Management (TQM), Learning Knowledge Management and Strategic Communication (LKM&SC) teams. This includes providing overall technical vision and direction to the relevant project task orders and teams that permits GHSC-PSM to deliver critical health programs’ commodity supply chain technical assistance and systems strengthening. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Actively manages project technical performance for TO2, TO3, and TO4 against established project performance management plan
- Under the direction of the Country Director, develops/proposes streamlined strategies and organizational structures to capitalize on supply chain management best practices to ensure cost efficiencies and increased productivity of project teams
- Develops scopes of work for local and expatriate short term technical expertise required during implementation of GHSC-PSM in Nigeria
- Responsible for providing quality inputs and strategies in support of the Country Director in development and implementation of annual work plans and budgets that reflect the priorities of USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders
- Communicates activities and results of the project with Senior Management
- Assesses risks and implements risk management/mitigation strategies
- Represents GHSC-PSM in Nigeria as technical lead for TO2, TO3 and TO4, in external fora including meetings with relevant stakeholders in the provision of technical assistance to build the capacity of national systems
- Provides strategic direction to the TQM department ensuring that data generated are of high quality, timely, and user friendly to clients and stake holders
- Coordinates the implementation of communication strategies, development of quarterly, annual and end of project reports
- Ensures technical implementation data is reported internally and clearly and concisely included in regular project reporting
- Master’s degree in relevant field required
- Minimum 8 years providing technical guidance and oversight in: Logistics management of public health commodities, and supply chain systems Strengthening, and relevant program areas
- Experience in managing Malaria, Reproductive, Maternal Newborn and Child Health Program or Drug Revolving Fund programs logistics is desired.
- Experience in working with government stakeholders with demonstrated achievements made through advocacy is required
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development of strategic work plans
- Demonstrated ability to monitor performance against key performance indicators
- Demonstrated ability to apply supply chain management and systems strengthening best practices and innovations to donor funded programs
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply by completing the form and submitting a CV at https://chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com/forms/dcdtechnical22 by June 28, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.