Chemonics seeks a technology advisor for the anticipated USAID Digital Strategy Implementation Program Activity (DSIP). The program seeks to build the capacity of USAID Missions, Washington Operating Units (OUs), and partners to advance digital initiatives that enhance security and economic prosperity in partner countries, while safeguarding individual rights, freedom of expression, and democratic norms and practices. This position will be based in Washington, DC. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Be responsible for advising the DSIP activity, USAID and buy-in clients on emerging technologies, cybersecurity and digitalization issues
- Serve as a thought leader in the responsible application of digital technology in development programming — driving the research agenda, strategic thinking, and collaboration and training
- Develop and manage relationships and collaborations with DSIP activity stakeholders, including thematic and technical partners
- Guide, monitor, evaluate and report on technical deliverables from partners and technical teams
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Ten (10) years of experience working on communications technology, cybersecurity and/or digitalization, preferably within the development field
- Must have excellent communication and relationship-building skills, including a proven ability to communicate complex concepts in technology to development experts
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Technology Advisor ” in the subject line to DSIPRecruit@chemonics.com by January 31, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.