Chemonics seeks Technical Specialists for the anticipated Market Systems Transformed Activity in Uzbekistan funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this activity is to strengthen businesses and the business-enabling environment in targeted sectors, including the information and communication technology, textiles, tourism, and green economy sub-sectors. The activity will also address policy and economic barriers to new and existing businesses owned by women, youth, and people with disabilities participating in these sectors, enhance e-commerce and trade, leverage private sector investment, and promote private sector-led development.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Enterprise competitiveness including business promotion, export market development, e-commerce and trade, and business services
- Sector strategy and development in the following areas: information and communications technology, textiles, tourism or green economy sub-sectors
- Access to finance, including working with financial institutions on behalf of SMEs and leveraging private capital for business growth
- Enabling environment including policy advocacy, legal services for businesses, and investment promotion
- Institutional capacity building for service providers and member-based organizations
- Creating economic opportunities for women, youth and people with disabilities
- Workforce development
- USAID project administration, operations, human resources, financial and grants management, monitoring & evaluation, and communications
- University degree in a related field (e.g. marketing, business, finance, economics, workforce development)
- At least 3 years of experience in one or more of the above-mentioned technical areas
- Strong management, administrative, presentation, reporting, and communication skills
- Experience integrating gender equality, women’s and youth’s empowerment issues within private sector development activities preferred
- Familiarity with USAID and/or other donors preferred
- Proficiency in English, Uzbek or Russian required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Citizenship: Uzbekistan
Please submit your application, attaching CV and cover letter via this link. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.