Chemonics is seeking numerous Technical Advisors for The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine programme. The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine programme is a multi-year, multi-donor funded programme managed by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The aim of PFRU is to strengthen the resilience of the Ukrainian government, economy, media, and the Ukrainian civil society by delivering essential resilience project support to the relevant partners.
As a Technical Advisor, the consultant is responsible for the following within one of the three technical areas (government, economy or civil society):
- Lead project design of strategic projects in relevant technical area, in collaboration with team members and project partners
- Provide technical guidance on overall programme strategy
- Engage with key government, civil society, economy and donor stakeholders to help identify project opportunities, develop detailed project designs and planning, and refine scopes of work
- Provide quality assurance over technical delivery of relevant strategic projects, including technical advice and review of key milestones for projects in delivery and then close out.
- Participate in and contribute to technical workshops and external meetings where required
- Draft reports and deliverables as they pertain to relevant area of technical expertise
- Provide other technical inputs, as requested by Deputy Team Leader Programme Director or Team Leader
- Degree in relevant subject
- Proven track record of stabilization and/or resilience project design in conflict-affected countries in relevant sector (government, economy or civil society)
- At least 5 years relevant (ideally more than 10 years) experience of delivering results in dynamic and conflict-affected environments
- Experience working collaboratively, both in-person and remotely, with dispersed team members and external stakeholders
- Experience engaging with senior government officials
- English fluency required, Ukrainian language beneficial
This project is looking to hire primarily Ukrainian staff. At this time, the project will be partly based in Warsaw and/or Rzeszow, Poland and Ukraine and in due course will be returning to Ukraine. For candidates based outside of Warsaw or Rzeszow, the selected candidate can work remotely for the next interim period with travel as needed to project office and other sites as deemed necessary by programme work.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Technical Advisor” in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com. Applications will be received on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.