Chemonics seeks a short-term knowledge management specialist for the three-year Libya Transition Initiative (LTI) 3 program, funded by the USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI). Supporting Libya’s resilience to fragmentation and spoilers, LTI 3 works in a research-poor, high-conflict, fluid environment. This remotely managed program relies on multiple information streams to inform programming that effectually responds to local developments. The variety of information streams and the incoming data’s unstructured nature require LTI 3 to develop creative mechanisms to ensure timely, effective program learning. LTI 3 is completing a national survey expected to conclude in the coming months that will contribute additional valuable data to existing research and information products. The knowledge management specialist will play a critical role in developing a digital platform to consolidate and visualize existing and future program data and, in turn, enhance program learning and best identify knowledge gaps. The platform should encompass lower-tech management tools and processes, collect qualitative and quantitative research conducted to date, and capture programmatic lessons learned to strengthen programmatic monitoring and evaluation. This short-term assignment is anticipated to last three to four months. The assignment may require travel to Washington, DC and Tunis, Tunisia periodically during the assignment to collaborate with the LTI 3 project team and USAID/OTI as part of the assessment and solution development process and to formally introduce the system to staff no later than mid-June 2019. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist in reviewing, annotating, and archiving the program’s internal and external communications products and research
- Carry out an initial assessment of knowledge management, information sharing, and organizational learning capacity
- Propose a range of tools that can capture and communicate program information to guide activity development and implementation
- Support the development and management of a single virtual platform that will help consolidate and visualize existing and future program information
- Conduct training, and develop standard operating procedures for the senior management team and project staff
- Coordinate efforts with Chemonics and USAID/OTI
- Provide recommendations on procedures to integrate new tools and processes into the activity cycle
- Contribute to Phase 2 efforts by proposing long-term knowledge management solutions in collaboration with USAID/OTI
- Bachelor’s degree in knowledge management, information technology, systems development, or a related field required; master’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and technological solutions
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience implementing or advising on solutions in knowledge management or a similar field
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience conducting or managing research, monitoring and evaluation, and communications for similar programs
- Familiarity with USAID/OTI programs or systems; knowledge of Chemonics’ procedures strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV, cover letter, and recommendations attached and “Knowledge management specialist” in the subject line to LTI3Recruit@chemonics.com by February 22, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn about how we process your personal data. Please use the following link to access the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.