Chemonics seeks a Senior Technical Expert/Team Leader for multiple long-term positions for the anticipated USAID Multispecies Biodiversity Conservation Activity. The five-year program will advance the U.S. government’s 2016 Eliminate, Neutralize and Disrupt Wildlife Trafficking Act. It will aim to improve the protection of key wildlife species and its habitat in Bangladesh. Targeted species may include and are not limited to Bengal tigers, Asian elephants, pangolins, turtles, tortoises, sharks, and rays.
These positions will be based in Dhaka, with regional travel as needed. Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Chemonics is recruiting for a variety of technical positions and seeks candidates with specialized skills in one or more of the following areas:
- Biodiversity conservation, particularly species conservation
- Forest/wetland/marine protection and management
- Law enforcement, particularly related to counter wildlife trafficking
- Government and/or private sector partnerships which address wildlife trafficking
- Awareness campaigns to counter wildlife trade
- Behavior change communication
- Traceability of wildlife and wildlife products
- Sustainable livelihoods development
- Conservation finance
- Environmental governance and policy reform
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and management oversight for program activities and results
- Develop and communicate (verbally and in writing) the objective and strategic vision for the program to staff, USAID, and all counterparts and stakeholders
- Ensure that work plans are developed and implemented, providing technical direction to staff, downstream partners and grantees
- Maintain open, two-way communication with USAID, the field staff, and Chemonics D.C. office.
- Oversee activity performance in compliance with contract provisions
- Supervise relevant personnel as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, forestry, fisheries, natural resource management, aquatic or terrestrial biology, law enforcement, environmental policy/governance, or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of ten years of experience in areas such as natural resource management and governance, biodiversity conservation, terrestrial and/or aquatic ecosystems management, law enforcement, conservation finance, and community livelihoods
- Significant experience working with stakeholders at both local and national levels
- Knowledge or experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to BangladeshMBCrecruit@chemonics.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/