Chemonics seeks a private sector engagement principal advisor for the anticipated USAID Next Generation In-Country Logistics award, part of the Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs. The project aims to fulfill requirements of USAID for the warehousing and transportation and other logistics services of USAID-funded health commodities, after their initial delivery to procurement-funded destinations around the world, in a manner that exemplifies commercial logistics best practices, promotes local logistics market health, and accelerates host-government engagement with the private sector while improving performance, accountability, and cost. The private sector engagement principal advisor will provide expert level knowledge of the commercial supply chain industry in low and lower-middle income countries. They will engage with country-based teams and national markets to improve professionalism in the in-country private logistics service market, lead strategy for project private sector engagement, and support country teams as they collaborate with host-governments to increase their outsourcing of logistics services to private sector actors and ensure project alignment with USAID’s broader Private Sector Engagement strategy. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead the design and implementation of market research assessments in collaboration with private-public entities to benchmark and inform local supply chain development and engagement across in-country health markets
- Advise country-based teams on the expansion, professionalization, and effective use of in-country logistics service providers (LSP), including incentivizing the adoption of commercial logistics sector best practices to build long-term sustainability and to manage the supply chain requirements
- Advise teams on contract terms and indicators that are designed to support the advancement of local private sector in-country logistics, to improve functionality and services, reduce donor costs, and demonstrate the benefits of transparency to all supply chain stakeholders
- Responsible for designing new and/or tailor existing private sector engagement tools and approaches across countries
- Lead country level activities designed to raise standards and capacity within the market and develop understanding of how to do business with governments and their financing partners, demonstrating ICL’s country level work and promoting and accelerating long term host-government engagement of the private sector for in-country logistics services
- Perform other duties and responsibility as required
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus 12 years of relevant work experience, or master’s degree in relevant field plus 10 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience working with private sector logistics service providers, preferably with a health focus at the global, regional, and domestic level
- Demonstrated understanding of private sector engagement strategy and ability to apply this to in-country health supply chain logistics markets
- Experience effectively engaging host country government counterparts in low and lower-middle income countries (particularly in Africa)
- Demonstrated success leading activities within a complex donor/third party-funded program
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Private Sector Engagement Principal Advisor” in the subject line to NextGenICLrecruit@chemonics.com by July 15, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.