Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) director for the anticipated five-year USAID-funded Tanzania Vector Control Activity. This activity will aim to maintain high-level coverage and use of long-lasting insecticide-treated mosquito nets (ITNs) for malaria prevention. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Report to the chief of party and oversee design and implementation of the performance management plan, monitoring and evaluation framework, and information systems to track service delivery against targets, outcomes, and impacts
- Develop mechanisms for collaborating, learning, and adapting in activity implementation to actively incorporate lessons learned and modify approaches
- Lead data analysis to assess progress, identify areas for improvement, and provide annual guidance on the effectiveness of vector control interventions in Tanzania
- Support all technical staff in MEL functions and manage MEL-related program staff
- Ensure continuous improvement for the project and all MEL activities
- Master’s degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, or a related field
- Minimum eight years of experience managing MEL systems for large-scale, donor-funded health initiatives
- Knowledge of protocols for quality data collection and verification for vector control programs
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with surveys, research methodologies, quantitative and qualitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of MEL systems for health programs in developing country contexts
- Experience in MEL for vector control and/or logistics programs preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English
Please complete an application and submit your CV and cover letter at: https://chemonics_nb.formstack.com/forms/tanzania_bednet_distribution by March 1, 2019. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. If you have any issues with the form please contact TanzaniaBednet@chemonics.com; however, no applications submitted to this email will be considered.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf