Chemonics seeks a logistics information technology (IT) advisor for the anticipated USAID Next Generation (NextGen) In-Country Logistics (ICL) award, which will be part of the Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs. The project aims to fulfill requirements of USAID for the warehousing and transportation and other logistics services of USAID-funded health commodities, after their initial delivery to procurement-funded destinations around the world, in a manner that exemplifies commercial logistics best practices, promotes local logistics market health, and accelerates host-government engagement with the private sector while improving performance, accountability, and cost. This logistics IT advisor will lead the implementation and integration of logistics IT systems within the context of evolving technology and emerging requirements, in close collaboration with global stakeholders and subcontractors. They will serve as the main point of contact for logistics IT systems under the NextGen ICL project to USAID and will be based in Washington, D.C. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee deployment and set-up of logistics IT systems for the NextGen ICL project in all participating countries, to capture visibility into country-level warehousing and transportation operations and performance
- Manage integration of in-country logistics data into NextGen Control Tower
- Coordinate with USAID/Washington to ensure direct and real-time visibility into the project’s logistics activities
- Ensure data accuracy and quality for appropriate analytics, sharing, and reporting; implement systems to prevent data loss and procedures to recover data for operation continuity
- Lead tailoring of logistics IT systems to NextGen ICL project and country needs; oversee modifications and maintenance of system
- Coordinate troubleshooting and technical assistance to IT teams in participating countries
- Oversee development and deployment of guidelines and manuals for in-country systems integrations
- Advise on logistics IT system global and regional best private sector practices and lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology field plus 12 years of relevant work experience, or master’s degree in relevant field plus 10 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum ten years of work experience managing large-scale logistics IT activities globally or regionally
- Proven experience in logistic IT system implementations in challenging environments
- Experience working in developing countries or low-resource settings an advantage
- Skilled in leading and managing a large high-performing team of logistics IT professionals
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills; proven diplomatic and public relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Logistics Information Technology Advisor” in the subject line to NextGenICLrecruit@chemonics.com by May 15, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.