Chemonics International seeks technical experts with experience working on financing of on-and-off-grid energy systems across East and Central Africa for the anticipated USAID-funded Enhancing Development through Energy in East and Central Africa program (EDEECA). The purpose of the program, part of the Power Africa initiative, is to program is to increase the availability of and access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and clean energy in East and Central Africa to reach measurable economic growth, development outcomes, such as reducing poverty, improving livelihoods, and increasing inclusive access to electricity enabled services in such areas as health, education, sanitation, and food security.
The overall objectives of the activity are to:
- End energy poverty by increasing access to affordable, reliable energy which can support increased economic activity and improved living standards.
- Increase the supply of electricity in East and Central African countries through clean energy solutions.
- Remove constraints to investment in East and Central African energy sectors and to increase innovation.
Specifically, Chemonics seeks expressions of interest from individuals with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Energy sector transaction advisory support, particularly in transmission and distribution
- Novel sources of funding, such as climate finance, carbon taxes, or renewable energy credits
- Consumer financing models
- Financing for off-grid and productive use
Energy Sector Investment Promotion Experts will provide technical support for work with financial institutions to finance energy projects across the activity’s target countries. These experts will work to increase the amount of financing available for utilities/companies/projects across East and Central Africa. Positions will be based in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support strategy development to engage private energy sector companies on energy infrastructure projects
- Raise public and private funds to mobilize energy sector project investment
- Cultivate new sources of debt and capital financing, working with local, regional, and international financial institutions and DFIs such as the Development Finance Corporation, African Development Bank, and World Bank
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working on USAID and Power Africa-funded programs strongly preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience implementing energy programs. Sub-Saharan Africa work experience is preferred
- Excellent analytical abilities, written and oral communications skills
- Fluency in English or local languages required depending on work location
- Ability to travel within the region
- Demonstrated ability to promptly address ad hoc requests
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply by using this https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/747a36e9de804728a2fc047a4c9f6b8d. Applications must be submitted by December 24, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/