Chemonics seeks a deputy country director for the ongoing USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Haiti. The project is the primary vehicle through which USAID procures and provides health commodities, provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives. The GHSC-PSM Haiti office works under three of the project’s task orders – HIV/AIDS, Population and Reproductive Health, and Maternal and Child Health/Zika – to provide commodities and supply chain technical assistance. The deputy country director, in coordination with the country director, provides strategic guidance and ensures overall management of operations and supply chain activities; and supervises the following teams: warehousing and distribution, data management, health commodities supply chain activities, operations, and finance. The deputy country director ensures timely submission for these teams. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the country director in the development and implementation of strategic plans, annual work plans, and budgets that align with the priorities of USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders
- Oversee the design, quality control, development, and completion of deliverables including the project work plan and monthly technical reports; assist the country director ensuring timely production of quarterly monitoring and evaluation reports and technical knowledge management products before submission to USAID
- Provide technical oversight, supervision, and strategic guidance to the warehouse management, supply and distribution planning, data management, operations, and finance teams; ensure that staffing and performance align with project goals and plans to achieve project results
- Work with teams under his or her direct supervision to identify and implement innovative supply chain solutions and best practices
- Guide implementation of critical health commodity supply chain technical assistance that reflects the priorities of USAID, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with headquarters to develop and implement key management systems that support planning, operations, reporting, and performance management
- Facilitate and support the development and execution of strategies to improve quality and timeliness of activities while ensuring that operational objectives are achieved
- Assist the country director to periodically evaluate project progress against the work plan and budget, identify issues and risks related to timely implementation, undertake appropriate interventions to meet work plan objectives and client requests, and identify needs for technical assistance or internal or external resources as when needed
- Monitor the preparation and implementation of performance and personal development plans for direct supervisees, ensuring that evaluations are completed appropriately and on time
- Represent GHSC-PSM and Chemonics in external fora, including meeting with relevant stakeholders in the provision of technical assistance to build the capacity and capability of national health and supply chain systems
- Advanced degree in health, business administration, management, or related field, with specialized training or experience related to pharmaceutical management, supply chain, or program management
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical management, project management, or health systems strengthening in developing countries
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with senior-level officials, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, and donor organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, and training experience, and an ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints
- Self-motivated, with experience in strategic leadership and managing technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to monitor performance against key performance indicators
- Demonstrated ability to apply supply chain management best practices and innovations to donor-funded programs
- Ability to travel domestically as required to support program activities
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in French and excellent writing and presentation skills in English
Supervision: The deputy country director will report to the country director.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment: This is a long-term position in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, with option to be based in the Dominican Republic and commute regularly to and from Haiti. The GHSC-PSM contract ends in November 2023.
Please complete the application by attaching your CV and cover letter in the following link: https://chemonicsinternationalinc-myinb.formstack.com/forms/deputy_country_director_ghsc_psm_haiti. If the link does not work, please copy and paste the URL into your browser. The application is open until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.