Chemonics seeks a Deputy Chief of Party for the anticipated Market Systems Transformed Activity in Uzbekistan funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this activity is to strengthen businesses and the business-enabling environment in targeted sectors, including the information and communication technology, textiles, tourism, and green economy sub-sectors. The activity will also address policy and economic barriers to new and existing businesses owned by women, youth, and people with disabilities participating in these sectors, enhance e-commerce and trade, leverage private sector investment and promote private sector-led development.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the Chief of Party in strategic planning and overall technical vision for the Activity, including leadership, technical direction, and management oversight for project activities and results
- Ensure quality control and manage day-to-day technical activities, ensuring that results are achieved on schedule and in line with USAID expectations
- Support the Chief of Party in all aspects of program management related to financial management; personnel management; and oversight of subcontracts and grants, procurement, and compliance
- Manage productive working relations with relevant government counterparts and entities, and maintain effective coordination with other donor and international organizations’ activities and programs in the economic growth sector
- Assist in the preparation of all required USAID reports and deliverables, including annual work plans and periodic Activity progress reports
- Oversee one or more technical teams, providing strategic guidance to team members and supervising consultants and partner organizations to achieve expected results
- Serve as acting chief of party when needed
- University degree (bachelors or higher) in business, economics, international development, public policy, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in leadership roles in international donor-funded programs; experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred
- Demonstrated experience in one or more technical areas of the Activity (such as private sector investment, business strengthening, trade, enabling environment reform)
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior government personnel, NGO partners, U.S. and foreign government organizations, donor partners, and the private sector
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Oral and written fluency in English preferred; fluency in Uzbek or Russian required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please submit your application, attaching your CV and cover letter via this link by December 3, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.