Chemonics seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated $27 million USAID Cameroon President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) Activity. This activity aims to advance the goals of PMI and the Cameroon National Malaria Control Program, which are to reduce deaths, reduce disease and reduce transmission to accelerate malaria elimination in Cameroon. The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in providing leadership in the management and technical implementation of the program and ensure successful achievement of results as defined in the award. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, with intermittent local and international travel as needed.
- Support overall project leadership and strategy; works collaboratively with the COP to create and implement a strategic, long term programmatic vision and oversee all operational, procurement, and financial management
- Represent the program for client and counterpart meetings and events, as needed
- Supports and oversees workplan and budget development and implementation
- Efficiently implements, manages, and tracks compliance, timeliness of delivery, and financial considerations of subcontracts, grants under contract, and contract buy-ins
- Implement tailored, key management systems that support performance management, financial management, procurement systems, human resources management, project planning, and reporting
- Support scope of work development and oversee receipt of the necessary approvals for technical engagement with project subcontractors and short-term consultants
- Coordinate with the Home Office on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on sanctions and other applicable restrictions
- Supervise staff and build systems for professional development
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the COP; serve as Acting COP as needed
- Advanced degree in public health, medicine, or a related field
- Candidate must be a citizen of Cameroon with work experience in the country
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible program management experience
- Experience managing complex international development programs is required; experience working with U.S. government and/or USAID implementing partners is preferred
- Experience in malaria program management in Cameroon and/or Central Africa is preferred
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with host-country officials, donors, and other key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and French required
Applicants should submit their CV and cover letter through the Smartsheet form using https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/04e446a796614f27b6c2bb1a88fb8f8d no later than COB 11/31/2022. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/