Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Enterprise Development and Growth Enhanced Activity based in Lusaka, Zambia. This five-year, $16 million activity will increase profitability of agricultural SMEs by addressing key investment constraints such as access to finance, business management skills and technology, and access to markets. This will increase SME productivity and create new jobs. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead the activity and serve as the primary contact with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, the government of Zambia, Zambian counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and work-planning activities accurately reflect program activities and achievements
- Employ collaborating, learning, and adapting approaches to M&E information, adjusting activity interventions to enhance results
- Monitor and modify program assistance to achieve results
- Ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments
- Supervise project personnel and subcontractors
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with USAID regulations
- Advanced degree in international development, economics, business, public policy, finance, law, or another relevant field preferred
- 12 years of progressively responsible experience in agribusiness, banking, business-development service management, or private sector development
- A minimum of 8 years in a senior role, implementing multisectoral programs that address economic growth, financial services, impact investing, entrepreneurship, SME growth and development, business incubation and acceleration, business development service provision, entrepreneurial ecosystems, or a combination of the above
- Experience in Zambia or sub-Saharan Africa, specifically in agribusiness and access to finance
- Experience leading international development programs of similar scope, size, and complexity required; preferred experience as chief of party or deputy chief of party for USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with U.S. and local government counterparts, private sector associations, civil society organizations, and other key stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement effective partnerships with private sector entities
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send your resume and cover letter electronically to https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/zambiaedge_cop by February 28, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Applicants will be assessed on a rolling basis and finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.