Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID New Anti-corruption Activity in Ukraine. The New Anti-Corruption Activity will aim to improve governance and accountability in Ukraine by reducing opportunities for corruption.
The chief of party will lead the program’s technical direction and oversee program staff. The successful candidate should have experience implementing donor-funded anti-corruption programs in support of prevention, investigation, transparency, and accountability reforms, as well as promoting system-wide education and dialogue to advance anti-corruption reforms. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the project to ensure seamless program implementation
- Provide overall technical leadership to improve anti-corruption practices and to advance transparency and accountability reforms, ensuring all project technical assistance is high-quality, technically sound, and appropriate
- Oversee work planning, performance management, strategic communications, and contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Represent the program to and collaborate with USAID, government counterparts, civil society, NGOs, media, private sector, the general public, and other donor programs
- Establish an inclusive office environment that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Supervise technical and administrative project staff, consultants, and partner organizations to achieve expected results
- Ensure compliance with USAID, U.S. government, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Advanced degree in public administration, international relations, development, law or related fields required
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience leading and managing complex development programs, preferably for USAID- or other donor-funded projects
- Prior work experience in Ukraine, the Former Soviet Union, Central and Eastern Europe, or other countries transitioning to democracy strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships with local government counterparts, civil society organizations, media, academia, private sector associations, and other key stakeholders
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please submit CVand cover letter with the subject: “Ukraine New Anti-Corruption/[Chief of Party]” in the subject line to UkraineACRecruitment@chemonics.com. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.