Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated Egypt TRADE project, which seeks to enable Egypt’s private sector to increase international trade, attract investment, and stimulate growth. The position is based in Cairo. The project will accomplish its goals through the following sub-objectives: (1) enhancing the export capacity of small and medium enterprises (SMEs), especially new and expanding export-ready enterprises in selected sectors to expand sales and reach new markets; (2) strengthening public and private trade-support institutions (such as trade associations and export councils); and (3) improving the trade and investment enabling environment. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction to ensure an integrated vision and strategy across components
- Manage field operations to ensure activities are achieved, and identify and mitigate risks
- Serve as the primary liaison among USAID, government counterparts, other implementing partners, and local partners
- Ensure the project meets high-quality performance and integrity standards that comply with Chemonics’ and USAID’s policies and regulations
- Apply adaptive management strategies and lead learning activities to support staff and counterparts to continually refine interventions and maximize impact
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- At least five years of experience as a chief of party for projects of similar scope
- Verifiable experience fostering a cohesive, collaborative, and welcoming work environment
- Experience in the Middle East and North Africa preferred but not required
- Technical experience in trade and customs facilitation, SME export promotion, promoting trade/investment enabling environment, trade policy reform, and/or capacity building for trade support institutions strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English required; proficient Arabic desirable
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to EgyptTradeRecruit@chemonics.com no later than April 30, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf.