Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated Market Systems Transformed Activity in Uzbekistan funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). The purpose of this activity is to strengthen businesses and the business-enabling environment in targeted sectors, including the information and communication technology, textiles, tourism, and green economy sub-sectors. The activity will also address policy and economic barriers to new and existing businesses owned by women, youth, and people with disabilities participating in these sectors, enhance e-commerce and trade, leverage private sector investment and promote private sector-led development.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the project to ensure seamless program implementation and ensure project technical assistance is high quality, technically sound, and appropriate
- Oversee strategic work planning, performance management, strategic communications, contractual and budgetary aspects of program management, and timely preparation of the annual implementation plan
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the client, manage productive working relations with relevant government counterparts and entities, and maintain effective coordination with other donor and international organizations’ activities and programs in the economic growth sector
- Establish an inclusive office environment that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Supervise technical and administrative project staff, consultants, and partner organizations to achieve expected results
- Ensure compliance with USAID, U.S. government, and local laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- University degree (bachelors or higher) in business, economics, international development, or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in leading international donor-supported programs focusing on sustainable and inclusive economic growth
- Previous experience leveraging private sector investment and promoting private sector-led development required
- Demonstrated supervisory work experience including supervision of technical teams and subcontractor partners to effectively respond to complex assignments
- Experience working with a range of program partners, including government agencies, the private sector, associations, and civil society
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Prior work experience in Uzbekistan or other countries of Central Asia preferred
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required; Russian or Uzbek language skills are preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached with “Chief of Party” in the subject line to UzbekistanMSTrecruit@chemonics.com by December 9, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.