Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated Efficient and Effective Justice Activity in Sri Lanka. The project will support improvements to the justice system in Sri Lanka by introducing and strengthening the features of well-functioning and modern justice systems while strengthening the relevant institutions and actors to meet international standards for the rule of law and justice. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, program direction, and technical expertise
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Sri Lanka, Sri Lankan counterparts, and other program stakeholders
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on daily implementation and contract management
- Ensure that the work plan, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting efforts are aligned with contract requirements, program objectives, and USAID guidance; ensure the quality of deliverables and reports
- Monitor and, where necessary, modify program assistance to achieve results; ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Lead a diverse team of international and local experts to achieve program targets, produce deliverables, and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders, government counterparts, and other donors
- Minimum 12 years’ experience of managing large scale rule of law programs
- Juris Doctor degree (J.D.), Master’s degree in law, or Masters degree in a related field
- Demonstrated experience in managing international development programs that include justice sector case management, court management, alternative dispute resolution, and legal education.
- Strong leadership, administrative, management, presentation, reporting, and communication skills
- Proven experience in adaptive management, learning, and evaluation,
- Ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomacy skills with a wide range of stakeholders (e.g. Ministry of Justice, court personnel, judges, lawyers, corporate and individual users of commercial courts, private sector, and business associations.)
- Sound understanding of the Sri Lanka political context, history, and challenges.
- Substantial experience in contexts similar to Sri Lanka, drawing from international models
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID program management, financial management and reporting systems
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party EEJA” to SriLankaEEJCOP@chemonics.com by February 5, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.