Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID/Kosovo Municipal Integrity Activity. This activity will address long-standing challenges related to corruption and service delivery by enhancing public financial management, with a focus on municipal procurement, and by reinforcing accountability mechanisms both within government and outside of government through civil society, the private sector, and media. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be a full-time position based in Pristina, Kosovo.
- Provide the program with overall strategic vision, leadership, and management, including development systems-based solutions and monitoring, evaluating, and facilitating their increased adoption
- Serve as the primary liaison to USAID, relevant Kosovar government ministries and agencies, international and local institutions, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal Chemonics policies, and USAID regulations
- Manage the program consortium, effectively communicating with all project partners, fostering a team spirit, and ensuring the team’s cohesion throughout project implementation
- Ensure that project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Oversee work planning, performance management, strategic communications, and compliance with contractual obligations
- Proactively identify problems involving project implementation and make appropriate implementation and programmatic adjustments to meet contractual objectives and results
- Advanced degree (or foreign equivalent) in a discipline related to public financial management, local governance, anticorruption, institutional reform, or related field
- Minimum ten years of experience in the management and implementation of development projects related to governance, public procurement, and/or public financial management with experience working with the public sector and CSOs
- Experience in the Balkans or in countries with similar context and legal and business environment challenges. Prior experience working in Kosovo strongly preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e., host government counterparts, local governments, private sector, NGOs, and other donors) to promote and leverage technical assistance efforts
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Albanian or an applicable local language preferred
Please send electronic applications with a recent CV and cover letter to email@example.com by May 14, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.