Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated 5-year USAID/Uganda’s Feed the Future (FTF) and Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Activity. The anticipated goal of this activity is to build household resilience, focusing on food and water security to empower communities and move beyond the status quo to achieve sustainable change. Uganda WASH will aim to sustainably address food security and WASH challenges so that households can mitigate and adapt to shocks and stressors without compromising health, nutrition, livelihoods, or relying on humanitarian assistance. This requisition is for an anticipated USAID funded project in Uganda, USAID/Uganda Feed the Future (FTF) WASH.
The COP will be accountable to USAID and Chemonics to formulate and provide strategic guidance and supervise all oversight and implementation of the anticipated activity, ensuring the highest possible standard of technical quality. The position is expected to be based full-time in Kampala, Uganda, and is contingent upon contract award.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company that operates in over 80 countries and is dedicated to helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical leadership and management of a multi-disciplinary team; oversee and participate in strategic planning; supervise execution of annual workplans and monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Serve as Chemonics’ principal liaison with USAID/Uganda, Ugandan government representatives, other implementing partners, and other key stakeholders including partners, public and private sector organizations, service providers, and beneficiaries to ensure the activity is meeting its objectives
- Ensure the highest technical standards of performance and contractual compliance
- Supervise technical and administrative staff, ensure staff are effectively and efficiently managing activities and operations, and maintain sound HR and financial management
- Coordinate with Chemonics corporate office and USAID counterparts to ensure a high standard of compliance with Chemonics, Host Country, and USAID regulations and requirements
- Continuously assess and evaluate activity outcomes, ensuring learning is continuously incorporated into implementation, making course corrections as appropriate
- Maintain a high standard of reporting to USAID
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in international development, agriculture, food security, WASH, or a closely related field
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in an international development setting, ideally in project implementation sponsored by USAID or other international donors
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as chief of party or other leadership position of donor-funded field programs, managing complex activities that involve coordination with multiple project stakeholders
- Previous experience working in Uganda, East Africa or countries experiencing conflict, instability, and food insecurity preferred
- Strong understanding of successful approaches to building community resilience through improving food and water security and engaging with host country governments at all levels
- Understanding of Feed the Future programming principles
- Proven ability to build and maintain a strong, diverse, inclusive, cohesive team where all team members are empowered and supported
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical and transparent practices and commitment to staff care
- Strong interpersonal, representation and oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by COB Eastern Time (ET) on December 2, 2022. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.