Chemonics International seeks interested and qualified individuals for the Chief of Party position for the anticipated USAID-funded Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict Health Sector Task Order in Syria. This Activity will seek to improve the health status of communities across Syria and foster resilience and stability in conflict-affected communities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Nationals from Syria, Jordan, and Palestine are highly encouraged to apply – individuals must possess the right to work in Jordan or ability to obtain it. Please note that hiring for this position is contingent upon future award of the mentioned contract to Chemonics International.
- Provide leadership, oversight, management, and overall coordination of technical activities, training, and increased public-private collaboration, in coordination with the senior management team
- Support the development and implementation of key management systems that will support project planning, reporting, and performance management
- Oversee and review all technical writing products and deliverables, including on-going quality assurance and quality improvement
- Maintain open, two-way communication and liaise with USAID/Jordan and the Contracting Officer Representative (COR), the field staff, and Chemonics home office.
- Ensure all program assistance is technically sound and appropriate for local context, and integrate innovative practices, emerging knowledge, and international best practices into program activities
- Identify challenges, obstacles, and difficulties affecting program implementation, develop strategies to solve those problems, and work with USAID and program staff as needed to implement those strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners, private providers, and other key stakeholders in the private and public sectors at the community, country, and international level
- Liaise with Chemonics home-office security staff and other security stakeholders to ensure the safety of staff, assets, and beneficiaries
- Provide technical expertise on the Syrian conflict and context, particularly in reference to sustainable development
- Advanced degree in international development, economic development, public health, medicine, health policy, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a COP, team leader, or Director role, preferably with a focus on transitional environments or health systems strengthening in the MENA region
- Knowledge of relevant best practices and demonstrated experience strengthening health systems in transitional environments
- Prior senior leadership experience on donor-funded projects and large teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting
- Demonstrated expertise on the Northeast Syria context and operating environment as well as an understanding of development in fragile contexts
- Ability to perform at a senior management level, including managing staff in a matrixed system with a focus on adaptive management
- Experience and a positive working relationship with USAID, including knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, compliance, reporting requirements, and grant management
- Demonstrated experience leading and professionally developing diverse teams
- Ability to live and work in Amman, Jordan
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Required fluency in English; fluency in Arabic desirable
Please complete this application: https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/syria_bricc_health_to. Applications must be submitted by Friday September 30, 2022 at 5 PM EDT. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/