The USAID-funded STEP-Up project is assisting the ministry at the national, provincial, district, and zonal levels to collect and utilize reliable data in order to enhance accountability, improve the allocation of resources, and establish annual performance targets.
- Integrate and strengthen systems for improved decision-making
- Promote equity as a central theme in policy development and education management reform
- Institutionalize the ministry’s management of HIV/AIDS workplace programs
- Strengthen decentralization for improved learner performance
- Engage Zambian higher-education institutions in education policy research and analysis
Check out the project's approach to improving learner performance in its "Understanding the System" report (PDF)