Chemonics seeks a value chain development specialist for the anticipated five-year, USAID-funded West Africa Trade Hub and African Partners Network project. This position will be based in Accra, Ghana and require regional travel throughout countries of the Economic Community of West African States. The project aims to assist farmers and firms to increase trade and competitiveness in staple foods and value-added products, food security, and the creation of employment and investment opportunities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture enterprise, agribusiness development, or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in agricultural or value chain development, particularly in staple foods such as grains and livestock and value-added products such as shea, cashews, specialty foods, and sustainable seafood
- Ability to develop private sector agricultural networks in West Africa
- Experience implementing food security initiatives and substantive familiarity with the U.S. government's Feed the Future initiative
- Experience in international development program management
- Experience in West Africa required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- English and French proficiency required; strong oral, written, and presentation skills in French and English preferred
Send electronic submissions to email@example.com
by November 19, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "West Africa Trade Hub- Value chain development specialist" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.