Chemonics seeks technical experts for an anticipated USAID-funded health systems strengthening project in Haiti. Technical areas of focus include service delivery, HIV/AIDS, family planning/reproductive health, maternal and child mortality and nutrition, health systems management, health financing, health policy, health supply chain logistics, health monitoring and evaluation or epidemiology, institutional capacity-building, and decentralization. The technical experts will be based in Port-au-Prince. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Advanced degree in medicine, nursing, public health, health policy, health management, or other relevant field required
- Minimum seven years of experience, including work in developing countries, particularly with ministries of health and other government agencies
- Experience in Haiti preferred
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with host-country officials, donor organizations, and other key stakeholders
- Experience with training and capacity-building in area of technical expertise
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent written and spoken English or French required; proficiency Haitian Creole preferred
Send electronic submissions to Haiti.HSS@gmail.com
by October 31, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "Haiti Health Systems Strengthening - Technical Experts" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check "I do not wish to complete the information requested." Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.