Chemonics seeks a senior health communications director for an anticipated USAID-funded opportunity to support innovation and improve sustainability in the field of health communication. This position will support USAID missions and bureaus in addressing behavior change toward key health-related behaviors, including family planning use, uptake of HIV counseling and testing, condom use, bed-net use, and hand washing. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead technical oversight and provide strategic guidance to programs in identifying and applying new evidence-based behavior change practices and interventions including but not limited to innovative qualitative research practices, crowd-sourcing, human-centered design, application of social network principles, expanded use of digital media, improved branding and creative design
- Apply international best practices and incorporate lessons learned from health communication and behavior change programs worldwide to share with the broader development community and partners
- Build collaborative relationships with high-level government officials and USAID, other donor organizations, and technical counterparts
- Willingness to travel and work in transition or fragile state environments
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in communication, marketing, behavior sciences, or related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of senior-level experience designing and implementing communication or marketing programs in developing countries
- Proven ability to conceptualize, perform, and direct technical assignments and provide quality control of deliverables
- Experience on USAID or similar U.S.-government or donor-funded projects preferred
- Familiarity with the pressing health issues identified by USAID's Bureau for Global Health
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Foreign language skills (especially Spanish, French, and Portuguese) preferred
Send electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
by October 3, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
when applying for this position. Please include "Health Communications Director - USAID 2012". If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.