Chemonics seeks a senior education technical advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded ECAFE indefinite quantity contract (IQC) to increase equitable access to education in environments affected by conflict and crisis. The ECAFE IQC aims to support USAID missions and bureaus address education objectives in environments that have been or may be affected by crisis, fragility, lawlessness, or conflict. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide strategic guidance and technical direction to programs ensuring access to quality and safe educational services to children and youth, including institutional and policy reform, community-based engagement and reconciliation, materials development, teacher training, psychosocial support, and life skills development
- Lead technical oversight and design of programs at the task order level and support work plan efforts upon contract award
- Apply international best practices and incorporate lessons learned from education and transition programs worldwide to share with the broader development community and partners
- Build collaborative relationships with high-level government officials and USAID, other donor organizations, and technical counterparts
- Willingness to travel and work in transition or fragile state environments
- Advanced degree in education, public policy, social sciences, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of senior-level experience designing and implementing education programs in developing countries
- Experience on USAID or similar U.S. government or donor-funded projects preferred
- Strong comparative education policy experience and understanding of educational environments
- Proven ability to conceptualize, perform, and direct technical assignments and provide quality control of deliverables
- Experience collaborating with a range of government officials, educational institutions, and international donors
- Familiarity with the political, social, and cultural context of conflict and post-conflict environments
- English fluency required
Send electronic submissions to ECAFEIQCRecruit@chemonics.com
by May 31, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com when applying for this position. Please include the name of the position and the region or country in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, or genetic information.