Chemonics seeks a senior program officer for the ongoing USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) Haiti Recovery Initiative to support the recovery effort in Haiti. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Identify potential grantees and work with them to design and develop grant concepts and activities, through networking and outreach, under the overall strategic guidance of the OTI country representative and the supervision of the regional program manager
- Regularly monitor grant activities and grantee performance; ensure grant documentation is prepared and signed
- Manage a team implementing activities according to timelines set forth in activity approval documents
- Provide technical assistance to grantees and potential grantees during both the program development and implementation processes
- Review and approve procurement action requests, budgets, and invoices; oversee program officer monitoring of activity expenses
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation officer to assess grantees' performance and inform project impact assessments
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience designing, developing, and managing development projects
- Experience in grants management and budgeting, including ensuring procurement, disbursements, logistics, and programmatic elements are implemented on time and according to specifications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with colleagues; visitors; and partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, and the public
- Familiarity with USAID grants management rules and procedures preferred
- Experience in community participation projects and working with host-country counterparts
- Ability to interface between government of Haiti representatives and beneficiary communities
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficient French and Haitian Creole required; proficient English strongly preferred
Send electronic submissions to HRISPOrecruit@chemonics.com
by October 22, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "Haiti Recovery Initiative - Senior Program Officer"
in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.