Chemonics seeks a Washington-based manager to capture and share international development innovations and best practices, coordinate activities and communications among our 11 technical practices, and lead corporate knowledge sharing initiatives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Coordinate practice management teams and provide oversight of practice work planning and implementation
- Manage the development of practice marketing materials and internal and external outreach
- Manage a corporate knowledge management tool and SharePoint site to help projects assess performance areas
- Advise staff on developing presentations and publications for external events and social media content
- Network with Chemonics and development industry professionals to identify new personnel, potential partners, and emerging technical issues
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge in communities of practice, knowledge management, social entrepreneurship, and innovation
- Supervise two or more support staff members
- Participate in corporate business development activities
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
- Minimum three years of relevant project management and staff supervisory experience
- Thorough understanding of knowledge management and of international development, USAID, and other foreign assistance programming
- Demonstrated interest in several of Chemonics' practice areas: agriculture, conflict and disaster management, democracy and governance, education, energy, environmental services, financial services, gender, health, management solutions, and private sector development
- Ability to solve complex technical, managerial, and operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and meetings
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including SharePoint
- Fluency in a foreign language and/or experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Permanent U.S. employment authorization required
Send electronic submissions to KImanager@chemonics.com
by June 1, 2012. Please
include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
when applying for this position. Please include the name of the position and the region or country in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, or genetic information.