Chemonics seeks a gender specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Empowering Adolescent Girls Through Education program in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. This program aims to equip adolescent girls with the education and skills they need to become change agents for their families, schools, and communities. To achieve this goal, it is working to increase the number of adolescent girls attending secondary school by alleviating constraints like the high cost of schooling, low learning outcomes, early pregnancy, gender-based violence in schools, and the low status of adolescent girls. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in gender or a related field preferred
- Minimum five years of relevant experience in gender-related programs; experience in prevention of and response to gender-based violence in schools, sexual and reproductive health programming, and girls' and women's leadership and empowerment preferred
- Experience working in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or a similarly complex environment in West Africa preferred
- Experience working with USAID preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- English and French proficiency required
Send electronic submissions to DRCEAGLE@chemonics.com
by October 26, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "DRC EAGLE - Gender Specialists" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.