Chemonics seeks a field office director for a multiyear, USAID-funded project to strengthen the capacity of local governments and improve service delivery at the municipal level in Haiti. The field office director will manage and coordinate activities in the Cap-Haitian development corridor. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Ensure quality control and the appropriateness and overall responsiveness of the assistance provided in the Cap-Haitian development corridor
- Serve as the primary point of contact between project and local authorities and community members
- Oversee the administration, operations, and human resources of the office in accordance with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies
- Communicate regularly with senior staff about administrative, operations, and programmatic issues
- Evaluate activities through consultative meetings, site visits, and reporting requirements
- Liaise with management staff, partners, and technical leads while ensuring that professional and transparent relationships are maintained at all times
- Conduct site visits within the Cap-Haitian development corridor
- Coordinate work with other technical, managerial, and administrative staff
- Graduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science required, or minimum seven years of experience with donor-funded decentralization or local government strengthening programs, preferably including experience in Haiti or countries with similar development challenges
- Minimum three years of experience in a management position, preferably in decentralization or governance projects
- Demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex donor-funded projects with multiple activities
- Experience as a proactive manager with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, other implementers, and international organizations and donors
- Experience with monitoring, evaluating, and documenting progress toward meeting project objectives and ensuring that activities remain on track, including evaluating grantee activities through consultative meetings, site visits, and reporting requirements
- Experience with providing overall guidance and direction to project staff in order to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives
- Experience highly desirable with decentralization and efforts to improve local government capacity and services, including health, education, and economic governance
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in French and to speak conversantly in English; ability to speak Creole strongly preferred
Please submit resume, cover letter, and a list of three references in electronic submissions to FODHaitiLG@chemonics.com by October 31, 2012. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics' equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "Haiti Local Governance - Field Office Director"
in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.