Chemonics seeks a clean cook stove market development specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded clean energy project in Bangladesh. The project aims to support energy sector development for energy security, economic growth, and climate change mitigation. It will work with local ministries and agencies, energy utilities, and energy end-users and include incentive programs. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Conduct a comprehensive market development effort based on consumer needs and preferences, willingness to pay, barriers to purchase, and correct use of improved cook stoves
- Provide training and mentoring to enterprises for improved capacity to develop business plans
- Support capacity building of financial institutions for lending to improved cook stoves enterprises
- Collaborate with a suitable institution to establish standards and protocols for cook stoves design, installation, testing, and performance monitoring
- Maintain professional and transparent relationships with all Bangladesh project staff, project partners, donors, counterparts, vendors, and others throughout the life of the project
- Coordinate work with other technical, managerial, and administrative Bangladesh staff
- Advanced degree in energy-related engineering, policy, business, finance, or economics preferred
- Knowledge of the Bangladesh energy sector and previous relevant experience in Bangladesh
- Demonstrated management of international donor support programs with experience in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required
Send electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
by May 15, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
when applying for this position. Please include the name of the position and the country in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, or genetic information.