Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Finance for Economic Development (FED) project in Armenia. The project's overarching goal is to deepen intermediation and promote the development of the bank and non-bank sector to improve financial services for economic development and growth. It also seeks to improve the soundness, safety, stability and integrity of the financial sector by improving the enabling environment; building capacity; and enhancing opportunities for financial-sector innovation, research, and development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Serve as primary liaison for management and evaluation among project staff, USAID/Washington, and other project stakeholders
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Supervise and report regularly on contract finances, and ensure timely completion of project deliverables
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communications
- Advanced degree in business administration, economics, finance, international development or other relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing and managing USAID or donor-funded projects to improve economic growth in developing countries; experience as a chief of party preferred
- Demonstrated experience implementing finance and private-sector development projects with specialization in business enabling environments, market capitalization and access to finance
- Exceptional interpersonal and managerial skills and proven ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with USAID staff, senior government officials, counterparts, and beneficiaries
- Effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, and ethical management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Armenia and experience in the region strongly desirable
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility
- Fluent written and spoken English required; Armenian language skills a plus
Send electronic submissions to ArmeniaFEDCOP@chemonics.com
by August 31, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
when applying for this position. Please include the name of the position and the country in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, or genetic information.