Chemonics seeks francophone chiefs of party with expertise in strengthening the capacity of local governments and improving municipal service delivery. Chiefs of party will lead anticipated projects and have overall responsibility for ensuring the quality control, appropriateness, and overall responsiveness of development assistance provided. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Serve as the key liaison with USAID, local governments, international donors, and other partners
- Design and develop targeted strategies to respond to local governance issues
- Create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision that is in line with USAID objectives
- Demonstrate high-quality performance and integrity standards in compliance with Chemonics and USAID policies and regulations
- Lead work plan development and coordinate input from program staff, government counterparts, USAID, and other donors
- Provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction to the project
- Advanced degree in a relevant social or administrative science required
- Minimum 10 years of experience with donor-funded decentralization or local government strengthening programs
- Minimum five years of experience as a chief of party for a decentralization or local government strengthening project
- Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting experience preferred
- Experience identifying and implementing strategies to achieve objectives and providing overall guidance and direction
- Experience with efforts to improve local government services, including health, education, and economic governance
- Progressively responsible managerial experience implementing complex donor-funded projects with multiple activities
- Ability to advise local governments on the best practices of municipal governance
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Experience in francophone countries preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- English and French fluency required
Send cover letter, resume, and a list of three references in electronic submissions to GovernanceCOP@chemonics.com
by December 31, 2012. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please include "Chief of Party" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "Local Governance - Chief of Party" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.