Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated four-year, USAID-funded higher education project in the Philippines. The project aims to strengthen the research capacity of Philippine higher education institutions as centers of innovation. Anticipated activities include the establishment of partnerships between U.S. and Philippine universities and the private sector for collaborative research, faculty exchange, and technology transfer. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, technical direction, and management oversight of project activities and operations, including project work planning and performance management
- Serve as the project's key liaison with USAID, project partners and stakeholders, and other donors and project implementers
- Provide technical assistance to partners, including partner institutions of public and private higher education
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations, project performance, and results reporting
- Advanced degree in higher education planning and administration, institutional strengthening, or a related field required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the successful implementation of higher education, human capital, and institutional capacity development programs, including 5 years of experience in international education
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. university systems and the private sector
- Experience leading capacity development programs across education institutions in international contexts and the private sector and in developing vision among diverse partners and multidisciplinary teams
- Chief of party experience on a USAID or other donor-funded project of similar magnitude and complexity preferred
- Regional experience in ASEAN countries preferred
- Knowledge of Philippines higher education challenges, opportunities, and issues preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- English fluency required
Send resume, cover letter, and three recent professional references in an electronic submission to PhilippinesHigherEd@chemonics.com
by November 4, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics' equal employment opportunity self-identification
form and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "Chief of Party - Philippines Higher Education" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check "I do not wish to complete the information requested." Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.