Chemonics seeks a chief of party to lead the anticipated USAID-funded program supporting the development of the Association of Southeast Asia Nations (ASEAN) trade and investments. Based in Jakarta, Indonesia, the anticipated project will provide technical assistance, materials, training and other resources to strengthen and drive ASEAN Economic Community and integration into the global economy. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction to deliver targeted, quick response technical assistance on a regional and national level
- Serve as the program's key liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and regional and local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationship
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors in compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Facilitate delivery of clean energy and energy efficient technologies to ASEAN society
- Advanced degree in economics, law, customs and trade, business administration, international relations, or other relevant field required
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing complex programs related to trade issues in Southeast Asia
- Chief of party experience on a USAID-funded project strongly preferred
- Ability to strategically coordinate with multiple partners and contractors actors across multiple countries and regions
- Experience implementing programs in a complex, multistakeholder environment
- Ability to work and travel in remote areas of Southeast Asia to oversee program implementation and provide technical expertise
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- English fluency required
Send electronic submissions to rdmaaseantrade2@Chemonics.com
by November 30, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only " ASEAN Trade Development Initiative - Chief of Party" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.