11/10/2012 12:00 AM
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated USAID-funded project in India to harness the private sector to improve health care delivery systems. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management oversight, and technical direction
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Serve as the project's key liaison to USAID and international, regional, and national partners and donors
- Oversee project work planning, budgeting processes, performance management, and strategic communications
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in public health, business, social sciences, or a related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a senior leadership position managing complex health technical collaboration programs
- Chief of party experience with USAID or with other donors preferred
- Knowledge of private sector health policy, financing, and health service delivery
- Experience developing innovative private sector health solutions, including public-private partnerships, social franchising, and provider networks
- Ability to think strategically to develop private sector solutions to key public health problems in India, including reproductive health and family planning, infectious disease, and mother and child care
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relations with a broad range of stakeholders, including senior government officials with the Indian Ministry of Health at the national and state levels, U.S. and foreign government organizations, professional associations, and other development partners
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Good oral communication and writing skills required
- South Asia experience required
- Qualified Indian nationals are encouraged to apply
- English fluency required
|Send electronic submissions to PrivateSectorHealthProject@gmail.com by November 9, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. |
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "Chief of Party - India PSP"
in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.