Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated four-year USAID program that focuses on strengthening and supporting the institutional and financial management capacity of governmental and non-governmental entities in Ghana's education sector. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Responsibilities include:
- Provide overall project leadership and vision to the team
- Serve as the project's primary liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners
- Oversee project work planning, financial management, and budgeting
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in public finance, business, institutional development, or other relevant fields preferred
- Minimum five years of international donor project leadership required; previous USAID and Chief of Party experience preferred
- Experience in financial auditing and accounting preferred
- Experience designing and implementing organizational capacity assessments preferred
- Experience working in Africa, preferably West Africa/Ghana preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Fluency in written and spoken English required
Send your cover letter and resume in electronic submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
by October 31, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "Ghana Funding - Chief of Party"
in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.