Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Empowering Adolescent Girls Through Education program in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. This program aims to equip adolescent girls with the education and skills they need to become change agents for their families, schools, and communities. To achieve this goal, it is working to increase the number of adolescent girls attending secondary school by alleviating constraints like the high cost of schooling, low learning outcomes, early pregnancy, gender-based violence in schools, and the low status of adolescent girls. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Responsibilities include:
- Provide overall strategic vision and leadership, management, and technical direction for the program
- Serve as the program's primary liaison with USAID and implementing partners
- Oversee project work planning, budgeting, and performance management
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations, project performance, and results reporting
- Manage and supervise project personnel and subcontractors in compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in education or other relevant field preferred
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience in education or gender
- Minimum five years of experience directing complex international donor-funded projects
- Ability to manage multiple project components, multifunctional teams, international personnel, government relationships, and client relationships
- Ability to manage a team in a challenging environment
- Experience ensuring consistent communication with stakeholders
- Experience working in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or a similarly complex environment in Africa preferred
- Experience working with USAID preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in English and French required
Send electronic submissions to DRCEAGLE@chemonics.com
by October 26, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only "EAGLE - Chief of Party" in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.