Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated four-year, USAID-funded Health Service Delivery Project in Bangladesh. The project will support the delivery of essential health services through a network of NGO clinics targeting the poor and underserved. The chief of party will provide overall leadership and vision while supervising the project team. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Responsibilities include:
- Serve as program's primary liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners
- Provide overall contextual knowledge of Bangladesh's health environment
- Leverage networks to achieve the project's objectives and goals
- Oversee work planning, financial management, and budgeting
- Ensure program assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Provide direction for client communications and relations
- Advanced degree in public health, health administration, health economics, international health, or a related field required
- Minimum 12 years of experience managing large, multi-year international health-sector development programs, including at least six years in senior management positions; experience managing projects focused on improved clinical services and NGO capacity building preferred
- Outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, team-building, organizational, and representational skills
- Record of leading projects of similar complexity and magnitude to the one being procured under this contract
- Ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs and other donors
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Strong spoken and written English communication and presentational skills required
Please submit your resume and cover letter in electronic submissions to HSDPCOP@chemonics.com
by November 15, 2012. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only “Bangladesh Health - Chief of Party”
in the subject line. Please include the name of the position and the region or country in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.