Chemonics seeks a chief financial officer for an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded livestock growth project to support the U.S. Feed the Future Initiative in Kenya. The project aims to improve the inclusiveness and competitiveness of livestock value chains in Marsabit and Garissa while furthering livestock-related economic opportunities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee financial management of the project, including budgeting and preparing financial statements and reports
- Establish and implement subcontracts
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline, or a bachelor's degree in a relevant field with seven years of experience required
- Minimum 10 years of financial management and administration experience for international projects
- Proven experience in professional accounting or auditing, including at least three years with international donor reporting and at least three years managing subgrants and subcontracts
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID regulations and donor reporting requirements
- Experience in Kenya or East Africa preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- English fluency required
Please submit cover letter, CV, and three professional references to REGALrecruit@chemonics.com
by May 25, 2012. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
when applying for this position. Please include the name of the position and the country in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, or genetic information.